Talent House Limited - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Reports to: Head of IT Services
A reputable company is looking to employ a suitably qualified Systems Administrator – IT on a permanent and pensionable basis. The position is Lusaka based.
The main purpose of this position is to ensure effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
Additionally, the systems Administrator must ensure high availability of all critical systems and network infrastructure by use of monitoring/support tools and best practices while ensuring a high level of security and performance controls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Systems Administrator’s role will require the applicant to be able to undertake the following duties:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) a plus
- MSSQL Server database administration skills a plus.
- CCNA certification added advantage
- Familiarity with various operating systems;
- Active Directory & Exchange experience
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Three to five years work experience in system administration