Career Opportunities at The Amano Society of Pure and Applied Physics (December, 2018 Recommended)
The Amano Society of Pure and Applied Physics - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
The Amano Society of Pure and Applied Physics (ASPAP) is a research organization and growing network of Zambian scientists, engineers, mathematicians and technologists actively engaged or interested in carrying out research in various aspects of pure and applied physics including interdisciplinary fields. The Amano Society was founded in December 2017 as an initiative to unite Zambia’s great minds and contribute to the development of the nation through active research and publishing. The Society is a youthful and very welcoming community for anyone who is involved in or ready to take up scientific research at a professional and advanced level.
As a start-up private Research organisation, ASPAP is looking for qualified, enthusiastic and interested individuals to take up the voluntary roles of Head of Research Directorate in specific research areas of interest and in accordance with their abilities and qualifications.
- Write web articles on topics related to their field that will potentially be published in the Society’s monthly Science magazine
- Head research activity in their directorate by creating research projects, monitoring the progress of other projects in their directorate on the Society’s website and submitting manuscripts which will potentially be published in the Society’s academic annual journal
- Invite friends and colleagues to join ASPAP
- Suggest potential editors and peer reviewers for ASPAP journal especially pertaining to their directorate
- Promote their work and the published journals on various platforms including social media and scholarly forums
The Society is looking for Heads of Research in the following areas:
- A Bachelors degree in physics, mathematics, engineering or any field related to the research position they are applying for. Masters or PhD will be added advantages
- Familiarity with text editors such as Microsoft Word, Libre Office and LaTeX
- Good academic writing skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Time management and ability to meet the minimum web article writing requirements of 1 article per week