The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture - Lusaka, Lusaka
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity.
IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. For more information, please visit www.iita.org.
IITA is seeking to employ the services of a fully qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill up the
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Hub Administrator, the IT Officer will be responsible for the smooth operation of the I.T unit at 11TA- Zambia station.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Administrate and monitor both local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WLAN).
- Set up user permissions and controls access to both LAN and WLAN;
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate
- Ensures maintenance and security of LAN and WLAN as well as all computer systems (both hardware and software).
- Manage third party contracts and subscriptions for the delivery of IT products and services which include responsibility for contract monitoring and procurement.
- Ensure compliance to the IT Network policy and Procedures manuals and software licensing.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs and related products; recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements.
- Monitor traffic and information flow on systems to ensure systems run effectively.
Qualification and Experience
- A university degree in Information Technology or equivalent qualification
- At least three (3) or more years of professional experience in IT
- Proven skills and experience in IT related activities
- Possess strong technical skills in WLAN Network
- Fluency in English and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Oracle will be an added advantage