Provincial Procurement & Supplies Officer
The Judiciary - Lusaka, Lusaka
The Judiciary is an arm of Government of the Republic of Zambia. Its mission is “to provide effective and efficient administration of justice accessible to all people in Zambia through impartial and timely adjudication without fear and favour”. In order to improve service delivery. the Judiciary is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacancies:
POSITION: PROVINCIAL PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLIES OFFICER (VACANCIES)
SALARY SCALE: JSS09
LOCATION: MONGU, SOLWEZI, CHIPATA, KASAMA, MANSA AND CHINSAU PROVINCIAL CENTERS
- Prepares annual procurement plans. solicitation documents, bid notices. short-lists, and evaluation reports in order to facilitate contract awards.
- Negotiates terms and conditions Of purchase with various suppliers.
- Prepares purchase orders for submission to prospective suppliers.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts to ensure conformity to public procurement regula tions and Judiciary procurement policy.
- Ensuring timely supply Of quality goods and services that meet all specifications in terms of quality. quantity. cost and period ot delivery.
- Evaluates new suppliers of materials and maintains o list of approved suppliers.
- Supervises effectively. distribution Of goods to end users in order to facilitate their effective operations.
- Ensuring periodical stock controls in order to avoid under and overstocking of goods supplied.
- Supervises effectively. the storage of goods in order to keep them safe and in good condition.
- Undertakes, identification and protection Of obsolete. redundant, scrap and surplus goods in order to facilitate their disposal.
Academic/Professional Qualifications and Work Experience
- Full Grade ( 12) Twelve/Form V Certificate with at least five (5) level credits including English.
- Bachelors Degree in Purchasing and Supply or Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- At least two (2) years of post-qualification relevant work experience.
- Must be a member Of the Zambia Institute Of Purchasing and Supply.
Other Skills Attributes
- Conversant with public procurement regulations and the Public procurement Act.
- High integrity and confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal and excellent communication skills (able to write reports)