Trident Preparatory Kalumbila - Location: Northwestern Province, Zambia, all the provinces
Trident Preparatory School is located in Kalumbila in the North-West Province of Zambia. This small, niche school, of over 50 pupils, is operated by Educore Services. It was established in 2014 to attend to the educational needs of children whose parents work at the local copper mine. TPK offers schooling from Early Years to Year 6, in combined classes.
Trident Prep Kalumbila, is looking to appoint a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic primary school teacher to lead a combined class of year 5 and 6 pupils. The successful candidate will report to the Head Teacher at Trident Preparatory Kalumbila.
Main Purpose of the Job
The successful applicant will provide a rich and diverse teaching experience to a young group of international students. This purpose-built school offers a combination of the IPC (International Primary Curriculum) and the CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) Primary Curriculum. Trident Preparatory Kalumbila forms part of the Trident Group schools, which is made up of Trident Prep Solwezi and Trident College. The Trident Schools are in turn operated by Educore Services, a leading provider of independent schooling in Zambia.
The successful candidate will be a qualified and registered teacher in their country of origin with at least ten years’ experience in primary teaching in a Cambridge and/or IPC based environment. The ability to enrich the extra-mural program with Music & Art would be highly advantageous.
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and attributes:
- Enjoy living in a small, rural community.
- Experience in an internationally-based school environment.
- Enjoy dealing with children across a wide range of ages.
- Ability to teach several age groups, with varying abilities, in combined classes within a primary setting.
- Ability to innovate, engage and motivate students.
- Self-driven and independent individual who enjoys working with others in achieving the objectives of the larger organisation.