IT Control Officer
United Bank for Africa - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
IT Control Officer
Assist in the implementation of the Internal Control’s mandate to review and assess the Bank’s controls on its information systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development and revision/update of the annual Internal Control strategy and work plan in conjunction with the Country Head, Internal Control.
- Participate in the process of reviews/redesigns as well as systems upgrade/implementation efforts to ensure that appropriate systems controls considerations are effectively taken on board and implemented.
- Monitor adequacy of security and control built into the Bank’s IT architecture.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Country Head, Internal Control.
- Render technical support to other departments in Group Internal Control.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achievement of Internal Control’s review and spot check plans for assigned coverage areas.
- Timeliness of reviews and report submission.
- Quality of review work and reports prepared(volume of adjustments made to reports prepared).
- Achievement of Internal Control’s objective of prevention of fraud, regulatory and policy infraction, income leakage and loss.
- Minimum education of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (minimum of Credit) AND a relevant professional certification eg. CISA, ACA, CISSP etc.
- Grade 12 Certificate WITH minimum of Five (05) Credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Minimum experience of 2 years relevant banking experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Structured Query Language(SQL Navigator)
- Audit Command Language (ACL)
- Windows and Unix operating systems
- Business Objects(BO)
- FTP-file transfer protocol
- Microsoft Office tools
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills(written and oral)
- IT proficiency
- Good Investigative skills