WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Agriculture, Development studies, Economics, Nutrition, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
This job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer. Job holders are likely to be working under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. They are typically involved in programme or policy activities or similar nature and analytical work of limited complexity.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Coordinate implementation of the WFP intervention of promoting the production and consumption of nutritious foods through an integrated multi sectoral approach in Central, western and eastern province.
- Build a network of key nutrition, health, financial services and agricultural stakeholders that brings together stakeholders at district, provincial national from public and private sector.
- Facilitate Communities and school learners in targeted areas have improved nutrition and increased knowledge on Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices
- Build partnerships, coordinate and monitor the implementation of improved nutrition and knowledge on Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices among Communities and school learners in targeted areas (Central, Western and Southern)
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of promoting the access and consumption of nutritious foods for households through production and access to markets at district
- Ensure close coordination with cooperating partners at district and provincial, including around operational planning and coordination of national level advocacy where appropriate.
- Ensure that the savings and financial services components of the project are implemented
Provide training to WFP and cooperating partner staff to implement the relevant components; and develop or guide development of field training materials.
- Ensure close coordination with country office (CO) Programme team that are relevant to the success of the interventions
- Be responsible for regularly reporting progress of activities and potential management issues to district and provincial levels.
- Support the development of project communications and reporting materials.
- Supporting the organization of project events at district and provincial level and contribute to the organization of events at National level.
- Ensure the required consultancies and service contracts are in place to support project assessments and implementation.
- Ensure the documentation of project processes and contribute to the preparation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist in Programme related duties and other duties as prescribed by Head of Programme
- Coordinate and facilitate any reviews, studies and evaluations.
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to all M & E and field staff;
- Perform any other duties as required
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to manage and coordinate M&E staff both internal and external.
- Proven ability in the design and management of complex M&E systems.
- Ability to liaise and deliver in partnership with government, NGOs and other actors.
- Ability to compile, maintain and analyze data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to work in a team, and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts;
- Effective and timely interaction with colleagues and concerned parties internally and externally.
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge and use of statistical packages (SPSS, Stata, EPI Info or any other package) is a must.
- Knowledge and experience in database management and programming will be an added advantage.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least five (5) years graduate experience with an International Organization or Government Unit responsible for project management and/or management of information systems, experience implementing community and agri-nutrition programmes.
- He/she should have a thorough knowledge of project planning, management and monitoring and evaluation systems as well as a high level of analytical capability and excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.