POSITION: Administrative Management Assistant/Budget Analyst
OPENING DATE: February 1, 2019
CLOSING DATE: February 15, 2019
WORK HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-7 (Starting salary ZMW 159,443.30 p.a.);
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): Base schedule FP-7 (Starting salary $36,218 p.a.)
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
The U.S. Mission in Zambia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant/Budget Analyst in the Mission’s Department of Defense.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Incumbent serves as Program manager and budget analyst for the Office of Security Cooperation (OSC) located in Lusaka, Zambia, under the supervision of the Defense Attaché Office (DAO) Operations Coordinator (OPSCO). Incumbent will assist in coordinating security cooperation programs to include International Military Education and Training (IMET), Military-to-Military (M2M) engagements, Key Leader Engagements (KLE), and other security cooperation and assistance programs funded by U.S. AFRICOM, Department of State, and Department of Defense (DOD). The position will also be responsible for performing the complete range of budget administration and control for all U.S. security cooperation related activities in Zambia. Incumbent will be required to travel for temporary duty approximately fourteen (14) days per year.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of senior secondary school and two years of University/College level studies in Business Administration, Management or Accounting is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Five years of responsible experience in budget and accounting, and a minimum of two years’ experience performing administrative tasks are required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) written, spoken and reading in English is required. (English language proficiency will be tested).
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to use the Microsoft Office suite software, set priorities and simultaneously manage numerous projects. Must have good organizational skills, sound judgement and polished personal skills for receiving official visitors and to conduct coordination with senior host nation officials.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of program management and administrative procedures, business principles, concepts and methodology involved in administering document and data management systems is required.
6. Knowledge in the preparation of accounting reports, office budget submission, supply inventories, administrative reports, and travel orders is also required.