Provincial Health Services Coordinator
US Embassy in Zambia - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 56/2018
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this
POSITION: Provincial health Services Coordinator – 2 Positions (1 Southern Province & 1 Western Province)
OPENING DATE: December 21, 2018
CLOSING DATE: January 11, 2019
WORK HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-10 (Starting salary ZMW 326,330.30 p.a.);
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-5/5* (Starting salary $51,007.00 p.a.)
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) A
The U.S. Mission in Zambia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Provincial Health Services Coordinator (Southern Province & Western Province).
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The primary purpose of the position is to serve as Provincial Health Services Coordinator for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Program Field Office in the assigned Province of Zambia; this position will be based in the Provincial Capital cities. CDC Zambia provides direct technical and financial support through a Cooperative Agreement with the Provincial Health offices for HIV prevention and treatment programs aimed at reducing the impact of HIV/AIDS, as part of the nited States Government Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); the support covers health systems improvement and integration activities as well as HIV/AIDS clinical and laboratory services. This position will be responsible for monitoring program budget performance, provision of grant management oversight and serve as key liaison on management of the provincial cooperative agreement between the Government of Zambia Provincial Health Offices and the CDC Zambia head office in Lusaka. The Incumbent is supervised by the Program Integration Coordinator.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: University degree in health sciences is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Officer ranked assistant superintendent of police (or equivalent) or above, with five years of investigative experience with Zambian Government, Zambian police or a private organization, and three years related experience with security protection.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluency) speaking/reading/writing of English is required and Level II (Limited) of a relevant local language. (English language proficiency will be tested).
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Good Computer skills in word processing, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Outlook, Internet, fax and copier equipment. Basic typing and good numerical skills required.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have in-depth understanding of the health system and broad knowledge of HIV management and administrative management. The job holder will have in-depth knowledge of the mission and goals of the organization. The job holder has to have detailed knowledge of the country HIV epidemiology and how the health system works
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)