Village Water Zambia - Location: Zambia, Western
Village Water Zambia is currently recruiting Accounts Assistant for its regional office. Candidates must have excellent English written and oral communication skills. The successful candidate will be based in Mongu for a term of two years.
The Accounts Assistant is expected to drive best practices in financial management oversight at the regional office to maximise efficiency and accountability through:
- Preparing and processing bank deposits/withdrawals and petty cash payments
- Preparing vouchers, process invoices for payment.
- Posting transactions to general ledger/voucher interface.
- Tracking staff advance, other balance sheet accounts, reconcile and clear on a monthly basis.
- Reviewing employee expense reports and code appropriately
- Filing accounting related documents for easy retrieval.
- Ensuring timeliness, completeness and accuracy in all accounting documents.
- Supervising the ware house record keeping and asset maintenance
- Updating fixed asset registration, tagging, reconciliation and reporting
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Accounts, ACCA/CIMA level 2 or equivalent a plus
- ZICA membership a must
- Solid Knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash – flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
- At least 1 year experience in finance, accounting/bookkeeping activities, auditing, business administration or related field.
- Computer literate in Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Knowledge of and work experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred
OTHER COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good understanding of local partnering
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems
- Basic understanding of NGO financial management and procedures
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment while showing sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word
- Good written, oral communication and facilitation skills
- Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.