Village Water Zambia - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
Established in 2007, Village Water Zambia is one of the leading WASH focused Zambian Organisation that supports rural and peri urban communities to achieve sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene education.
- The Finance Officer is expected to drive best practices in financial management oversight within the organisation to maximise efficiency and accountability through:
- Preparing and maintaining financial forecasts in consultation with the Executive Director and Programme Managers (including the annual budgets);
- Ensuring compliance with the organisation financial policy as well as statutory financial requirements;
- Ensuring efficient financial monitoring and reporting (including monitoring expenses and revenues, reviewing and upgrading existing procedures, ensuring production of appropriate financial reports for donors);
- Ensuring high quality accounting (including overseeing day to day accounting, preparing and managing year-end audit process.
REPORTING AND COMPLIANCE
- Assist programme / project team in preparing budget vs. actual variance explanations report.
- Contribute to the development of financial monitoring system, analyzing and sharing financial reports/ information.
- Identify key donor requirements and communicate to programme / project team.
- Support compliance with key Finance requirements etc).
RISK MANAGEMENT AND INTERNAL CONTROLS
- Support adherence to proper internal control system by programme/project team.
- Promote and practice transparency and integrity for good stewardship of resources.
- Communicate to appropriate people potential risk observed in the program implementation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years in financial management;
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
- Previous experience in managing multiple donor grants;
- NGO experience added advantage;
- Member of ZICA a must.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- IT-affinity and experience with various accounting software programmes and Excel sheets;
- High analytical skills and structured working methods;
- Capacity to work independently and under minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver tasks within set deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Team player, open minded and cooperative.