Village Water Zambia - Location: Zambia, Western
Village Water Zambia is currently recruiting Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Site Engineer for on-going projects. Candidates must have excellent English written and oral communication skills. The successful candidate will be based in Mongu for a term of one year.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in engineering and registered as a professional engineer by EIZ;
- At least 2 years’ experience in the planning, design, and construction of rural water & sanitation systems, or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the management and supervision of rural water supply and sanitation works construction;
- Assist Program Staff in design and implementation of WASH program activities
- Verification of the appropriate standard and quantity of materials used in water and sanitation schemes.
- Ensuring construction/ rehabilitation of boreholes and community water schemes is in accordance with approved designs
- Providing training to Area Pump Minders (APMs), V-WASH, D-WASH and community members on operation and maintenance of water points and schemes
- Work in close cooperation with all key stakeholders including government authorities, community leaders, beneficiaries, partner organizations, and other providers.
- Assist in the design and implementation of other complementary rehabilitation interventions (including Hygiene)
- Conduct any other programming responsibility delegated by supervisor
- Willingness to travel frequently to remote areas;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work with limited supervision;
OTHER SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
- Excellent in MS office suite especially in Word and Excel
- Ability to supervise detail drawings and their presentations and capable of reading drawings and schematics
- Effective writing communication skills in English
- Ability to set priorities regarding project costs and alternatives.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze findings, prepare and present analysis
- Ability to relate to international NGOs, government entities and local communities
- Strong project and information management skills with the ability to coordinate across various sectors
- Knowledge of local WASH construction codes, government structures and their operational mechanics
- Knowledge of standard and prevailing civil or hydro-engineering principles and practices.