Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Vision Africa Regional Network - Lusaka, Lusaka
Vision Africa Regional Network (VAREN) has entered into agreement with Millennium Challenge Account Zambia (MCAZ) to implement a Sanitation Improvement Project in Mtendere Township of Lusaka. The project intends to accelerate access to adequate sanitation to 1300 households by supporting construction of improved low cost toilets and connecting them to the Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company Waste Water Network (sewer lines).
VAREN Invites applications for the following position:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer -01
Length of contract: 8 months (with possibility of being extended)
Supervisor: Project Manager
Key job duties, responsibilities and tasks:
- Coordinate the preparation of project monthly progress reports, quarterly narrative and financial reports and the final project review report
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities and suggest strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Provide support in obtaining accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Analyze collected data and information and prepare progress reports; draft changes in project work plans.
- Maintain records of activity inputs, outputs and outcomes and other monitoring data, including the use of databases
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project outputs and report regularly, orally and in writing to the Project Manager in accordance with procedures and formats
- Support the project in the development, implementation and review of work plans, review meetings (internal and external) and project reviews/evaluations.
- Monitor activity implementation progress against objectives. Gather information from the field for quarterly reports; ensure that reports includes outcome level indicators and deviations with adequate explanation;
- Ensure the documentation and sharing of project learning outcomes (case studies, photos, lessons learnt, etc.) with effective information management system
- Assist the project manager in collating reports: monthly, quarterly and annual progress on all project activities
- With support of project manager and other project staff, support the development of the M&E system for the Project and Prepare and maintain data bases
- Support project manager and other project staff in successful project delivery, including inputs on budget, deliverables, project mobilisation/closedown data management, client communications and coordination of delivery efforts.
Qualifications / Work Experience / Key Competencies