Vision Africa Regional Network - Lusaka, Lusaka
Vision Africa Regional Network (VAREN) has entered into agreement with Millennium Challenge Account Zambia (MCAZ) to implement a Sanitation Improvement Project in Mtendere Township of Lusaka. The project intends to accelerate access to adequate sanitation to 1300 households by supporting construction of improved low cost toilets and connecting them to the Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company Waste Water Network (sewer lines).
VAREN Invites applications for the following position:
Procurement Officer -01
Length of contract: 8 months (with extension possibility)
Supervisor: Project Manager
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of tender documents and obtaining quotations to ensure the production of realistic tenders and awarding of tender contracts
- Responsible for the preparation and accurate processing of purchase orders within purchasing authority.
- Responsible for investigating qualitative and quantitative discrepancies between goods ordered and goods received.
- Responsible for generating monthly procurement reports, identify and investigate unusual items and report accordingly.
- Responsible for attending to queries from suppliers and vendors with reference to purchase orders and receipts of goods.
- Monitor internal procurement systems and processes and ensure that compliance is achieved
- Assist the development of specifications for equipment, materials and services to be purchased
- Ensure that goods and services procured have all the necessary documentation (e.g. quotations, quotation analysis, purchase orders / requisitions, goods received notes, delivery notes, invoices, receipts,
- Invite, assess, and recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals
- Draw up a plan for the purchase of equipment, services and supplies
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Ensure that the project office has important details such as the suppliers, qualifications, delivery times, potential development and products
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures etc
- Any other reasonable and lawful instruction as given to the incumbent by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications / Work Experience / Key Competencies