Deposit Mobilisation Manager
VisionFund Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
VisionFund Zambia Limited is part of a network of microfinance institutions within the VisionFund International t1etwOrk. We empower low-income entrepreneurs with access to integrated financial services that unlock their potential. We are part of World Vision, the largest VisionFund global Christian humanitarian organization. In order to support our growth aspiations. We seek to recruit qualified candidates who ares elf-motivated and results- orientated for the following position.
DEPOSIT MOBILISATION MANAGER
Reporting to: The Chief Operations Officer
Location: Head Office – Lusaka
The Deposit Mobilization Manager will helpVisionFundZambia (VFZ) to expand its client portfolio, in particular its savings volume and product range. This position requires a strong ability to develop new products and markets; the ideal candidate must be a driver of the business. This position further requires close cooperation and ceatnwork with the Head of Operations and the person must have a comprehensive understanding of Banking/Micro-Finance policies and procedures. Building a strong savings portfolio requires to focus on excellent customer service and the pursuit of new delivery channels. The person should show a high presence in field operations, conduct market research and customer surveys, and play a major role in the development of innovative delivery channels.
- Develop and implement the saving strategy, policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the deposit portfolio mix is in accordance with the institutional targets so as to mitigate the risk of capital loss
- To conduct market research to assess market potential, identify new markets and new customer segments within markets that VFZ already exist.
- Conducts active marketing campaign to mobilise more depositors in consultation with branches
- Responsible for preparation of annual budget and portfolio mrgets for the savings activities.
- Oversee the development of innovative savings products in line with customer needs.
- Provides capacity building to branches with regard to account opening. saving deposit and withdrawal in accordance with the established procedures and policies.
- Develop the savings portfolio by considering a diversity of customer segments ranging from individual to corporate and institutional clients.
- Assess the performance of all functions with respect to their role in savings generation, identifying any factors that are hindering performance or that put it at risk and propose remedies.
- Identify strategic opportunities to increase the institution’s success (outreach) in the area of savings & banking services by creating greater process/operational efficiencies, strengthening the market response
- To devise in cooperation with the appropriate departments a performance management approach for savings & banking services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking & Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field
- At least 3 years of management experience in similar/comparable/management position where he/she provided strategic direction and execution capacity for savings mobilization.
- Must be familiar with market research, product development, and digital financial services.
Must have a good knowledge of the complex linkages between new products/services and IT.
- The successful candidate must have excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Must haye the capacity to work both in a team and self-directed; able to perform and deliver results under pressure.