Water Resources Management Authority - Lusaka, Lusaka
The Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA) is a statutory body incorporated under the Water Resources Management (WRM) Act No. 21 of 2011. The mandate of WARMA is to preserve and protect Zambia’s ground and surface water resources and regulate the abstraction, allocation, use, development and management of water in a sustainable manner.
WARMA seeks to recruit for the following positions to be based at the WARMA Head Office in Lusaka. These are senior positions that are of value to the institution. WARMA is an equal opportunity employer and as such applications are hereby invited from Zambian citizens only.
As Finance Manager your overall responsibility will be to manage all financial affairs of the Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA). You will be accountable for the provision of financial advice and support to the Director General and other units in the Authority to enable them make sound business plans and decisions in the implementation of WARMA’s water resource management objectives.
Clear budgetary planning, cash flow management, fund accounting, financial reporting as well as oversight on all institutional revenues and expenditure for the Authority will be key attributes of your function. Prudent financial planning and management, sound financial forecasting and analysis are imperative responsibilities. Adherence to public finance management principles and globally accepted and standard financial management tenets and practices will be a must.
You will report to the Director General who will be your immediate supervisor.
- A full and genuine Grade 12 with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ levels including English and Mathematics.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Accounting
- Higher and/or Professional qualifications would be an added advantage.
- At least seven (07) years’ work experience in Accounts Department at senior level in a reputable organization or company with diverse staff teams
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
Your specific functions and accountabilities will be:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Good oral and written skills
- Proficient IT skills – Microsoft Word/ Excel/ Project
- Good interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Attention to detail
- A self-starter, proactive and should be able to work with minimum supervision.