Water Resource Operations Manager
Water Resources Management Authority - Lusaka, Lusaka
The Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA) is a statutory body incorporated under the Water Resources Management (WRM) Act No. 21 of 2011. The mandate of WARMA is to preserve and protect Zambia’s ground and surface water resources and regulate the abstraction, allocation, use, development and management of water in a sustainable manner.
WARMA seeks to recruit for the following positions to be based at the WARMA Head Office in Lusaka. These are senior positions that are of value to the institution. WARMA is an equal opportunity employer and as such applications are hereby invited from Zambian citizens only.
WATER RESOURCES OPERATIONS MANAGER
As a Water Resources Operations Manager your overall responsibility is to manage water resources management operations in a manner that promotes Integrated Water Resources Management and in general compliance with the National Water Policy, Water Resources Management (WRM) Act and approved Board policies to enhance water resources protection, conservation, planning and development.
You will report to the Director Water Resources Management and Information who will be your immediate supervisor.
- A full and genuine Grade 12 with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ levels including English and Mathematics.
- At least a BSc in Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Water Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering or Environmental Systems
- Analysis from a reputable University
- A Master’s degree related to water/ natural resources studies will be an added advantage.
- At least six (6) years’ work experience in a similar position.
- Experience with working with GIS and remote sensing tools
- Experience with modeling is desired
- Knowledge of Zambia’s water resources a must
- Must be a member of Engineers Institute of Zambia
Your specific functions and accountabilities will be:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Good oral and written skills
- Proficient IT skills – Microsoft Word/Excel/ Project.
- Good interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Attention to detail
- A self-starter, proactive and should be able to work with minimum supervision.