Administrative Assistant Procurement
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to be engaged in the following positions.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – PROCUREMENT
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist the Procurement Officer in carrying out purchasing functions involving procurement of works, goods and services, while considering the value for money principle in order to ensure compliance with tender procedures as provided in the Procurement Act No. 12 of 2008.
- Assists the superior with planning, organizing and coordinating of all procurement activities for the departments in liaison with relevant officers, to ensure that only required goods and services are procured.
- Participates in the preparation of both procurement and inventory monthly reports in order to show activities carried out during the month under review, for management attention.
- Assists in carrying out supplier appraisals and market research contacting suppliers to obtain quotes and for supply of goods and service in order to establish suitable suppliers and cost of various items.
- Compiles reports from evaluation meetings to assist management in decision making
- Attends to purchase requisitions from user departments in order to meet their various requirements.
- Participates in the review of procurement plans and liaises with superior in order
to adequately prepare new procurement plans for the preceding year
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Diploma in purchasing and supply
- Must have worked in a similar role for at least two (2) years
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Good written and Communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Analytical skills
- Numerical/ Computation Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Physical Skills