Manager – Properties
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board - Ndola, Copperbelt
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION FUND CONTROL BOARD
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) a statutory body under the Workers Compensation Act Number 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia is hereby inviting applications for the following position:
MANAGER – PROPERTIES
A. JOB PURPOSE
To effectively manage the Board’s property portfolio so as to contribute to financial sustainability of the fund and its image.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Statements of Main Accountabilities Manages the rent collection exercise for all Board properties, by issuing invoices to all tenants, and ensuring clients pay their rentals as specified in their lease agreements.
- Coordinates and reviews the performance ofthe property portfolio on a monthly, quarterly and annual performance basis.
- Manages the lease administration for all Board’s properties. Recommends defaulting tenants to Legal Counsel for eviction
- Manages the Board property to ensure that the buildings are well maintained and functional
- Draws up the yearly maintenance plan for ail properties, by determining the maintenance needs of each property.
- Prepares and manages the budget for the Department for both capital expenditure and routine maintenance.
- Prepares annual rental budget and valuation report after reviewing the submission by Property Valuers.
- Prepares bills of quantities and material schedules for proposed renovations for the Board for tendering purposes.
- Supervises the contractors contracted by the Board for works and service contracts.
- Inspects buildings and structures in the course of construction, alteration and repair for compliance with approved plans and specifications.
- Confers with contractor to ensure adherence to standards and specifications
- Checks materials and arranges for laboratory tests.
- Makes oral and written reports to superiors as to progress of work.
- Inspects carpentry, heating, plumbing, ventilation and electrical installations for compliance with specifications.
- Seats on the Procurement Evaluation Committee to provide technical guidance and should be conversant with public procurement procedures,
- Liaises with valuation surveyors, by providing information to the valuation surveyors concerning the details of the property,
- Conducts property performance appraisals and advises Management on Property Performance.
Supervises the operations of all subordinates in the Department, ensures good Client Relationship Management (CRM) for all tenants and should have skills in conflict resolution.
- Acts as a Secretaryto the Tenant Selection Committee of the Board. Tenant applications are reviewed according to the Board ‘s rental policy.
- Acts as a secretaryto the Board of Survey committee. Coordinates the collection of data of obsolete physical asses for disposal.
C. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Degree in Real Estates Management, Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Construction or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree in Real Estates Management, Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Construction or Business related fields.
- Must be a Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia,
- At least five (5) years’ work experience in a similar role.
D. CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Must be computer literate
- Must have anatytical and interpersonal skills
- Must have supervisory skills
- Good report writing skills
Interested candidates meeting the above profile should submit application letters enclosing CVs, copies of professional certificates including details of daytime telephone numbers to:-