Secretary – Head Office
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to be engaged in the following positions.
SECRETARY – HEAD OFFICE (x3)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide a confidential secretarial service to the superior in order to contribute to the achievement of the Board ‘s objectives.
- To type accurately from dictation or from manuscript, memoranda, letters and various reports as well as all draft correspondence and documents of the superior to ensure attainment of high quality standards.
- To draft and type routine letters based on precedent in order to contribute to the efficiency of the department.
- To attend to incoming calls, screen all telephone calls and visitors to superior and attends to calls from stakeholders in order to maintain communication with the superiors and beneficiaries.
- To make appointments for the Director/ Manager and reminds superiors over any pending appointments/ engagements so that they manage time according to schedule.
- To maintain an up-to-date filing system for confidential information and other records to ensure that there is easy retrieval of information.
- To carry out superior’s instructions for effective and efficient running of Director’ s/ Manager’ s office.
- To order and replenish office Supplies and equipment.
- To make Hotel and Travel bookings for superiors as and when required.
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve ( 12) Certificate.
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Diploma in any Business Studies. Those with a Diploma in Business studies should also possess at least a Certificate in Secretarial Short hand — 120 words per minute
- Must have worked in a similar role for at least two (2) years
- Good Communication skills
- Computer literacy.
All those who responded to the earlier job advert do not need to apply