World Health Organization - Lusaka, Lusaka
SPECIAL SERVICES AGREEMENT
The World Health Organization (WHO) in Zambia wishes to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, capable and motivated individual for the position of Procurement Clerk for a period of 6 months.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
PURPOSE OF THE POSITIO
To provide Administrative support to the country Office operations in line with established standards and practices.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the operations officer and general supervision or the WHO Representative, the incumbent carry out activities related to procurement management for the country office. She/he will have to liaise with all clusters to provide guidance
The specific functions of the incumbent are:
- Raising and dispatching RFQs to vendors and following on response.
- Register all memos received and update on progress of the procurement transactions
- Collecting and opening quotations for signature by members of the LPRC
- Sending Payment Requests for processing.
- Take minutes of and other secretarial duties as may be required in the unit
- Maintains records and files for the unit as may be necessary.
- Sending regret notifications to unsuccessful bidders.
- Dispatching PO to Suppliers
- Receive and file purchase order acknowledgment from vendors.
- Performs any other duties as required
Essential: Completion of secondary education; supplemented by a diploma in procurement and supply chain
Desirable: Training in business administration and management procedures would be an asset.
At least 2 years’ experience in Procurement, Stores keeping and management, experience with international organization, NGO, government agencies or any other reputable organization.
Desirable: Logistics and shipment management will be an asset.
REQUIREDLANGUAGES: Fluency in English
- Computer literacy especially proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Report writing and ability to confidently engage with wide range of stakeholders
Fluency in English