WorldFish - Lusaka, Lusaka
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the Driver will provide support to the team by providing driving services and support in administrative for the WorldFish Lusaka Office. The driver will carry out tasks to enable smooth operations for the project team during out of office activities and provide general support to the Administrative Officer including assignments from the Project Team Leaders on office errands.
- Provide driving services and general office administration support.
- Ensure maintenance, timely services and always clean.
- Ensure safety of passengers and vehicles at all times
- Collecting and delivering mail and carrying out other errands as requested.
- Compiling logbooks and generating fuel analysis reports.
- Compiling vehicle cost analysis reports on a quarterly basis.
- General office support as assigned by supervisor and other senior staff.
- At least 3 years proven working experience as a Driver with minimum Grade 12 certificate.
- A valid Zambian driver’s license and knowledge about automobile maintenance.
- International NGO working experience is preferable.
- Ability to work during weekends and public holidays, depending on request.
- Good driving record with no traffic violations.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Self-motivated, courteous, and humble individual.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and availability to work outside of normal business hours, as required.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members, and proven ability to work in a team.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with annual salary ranging between ZMW 59,000 – ZMW 63,000 per annum. WorldFish’s NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
Interviews are expected to be held in November 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interviews. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be notified. The successful candidates should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial (2) years fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and the availability of funding.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued. We support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission. We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information latest by 16 November 2018:
A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role;
A current curriculum vitae;
Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.