WVI - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Position: Project Officer (G4A) Golf Fore Africa
Location: National Office
Reporting Line to: Project Manager
Purpose of the position
The Project officer will support the Project Manager in planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring and reporting of WASH program operations funded by G4A. The Officer will focus heavily on supporting information management and resource gathering, reporting, partner engagement and building strategic partnerships and providing guidance on training and implementation of CVA.
- Manage and work with communications in marketing initiatives of the project and ensure timely resource gathering and submission of various media content; videos, pictures and stories;
- Assist with development, monitoring and review of project activity plans and preparation of management reports
- In collaboration with DM&E, consolidate and maintain a database of all project interventions and manage a dashboard and provide monthly reports on Key performance indicators
- Conduct and compile key learning from research areas and literature searches relating to CVA in WASH for onward publication or further research and learning.
- Work with Project Manager and AP staff in development of strategic partnerships in line with WASH implementation protocols
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities and development of Annual operating plans. This should include participation in proposal and resource mobilization for WASH and related work.
- Provide guidance and capacity building for staff and stakeholders in advocacy related to WASH
- Participate in preparation of Donor visits especially working hand DFs in community engagement and mobilization
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned by the Project Manager
- Attend and participate in devotional meetings.
Qualifications, Education certificates/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Project/ Administrative Management, Social Work, Development Studies or related field
- Experience in CVA and Advocacy and lobbying is an added advantage
- Experience in project management
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience in conducting background research and literature searches;
- High level of organizational and planning skills;
- Proficiency in a variety of computer applications on a PC platform;
- Experience in preparing and monitoring budgets;
- Training and facilitation skills highly desirable
- Familiarity with Community mobilization and engagement techniques
- People management skills.
- Experience in Rural Water Sanitation and Hygiene Program (desirable).
Other Competencies and Attributes
- Good negotiation, networking, partnering and collaboration skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Working Environment / Conditions
- Office-based with occasional travel to the field