Relief Accounts Officer
WWF - Lusaka, Lusaka
WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an International Non-Governmental organization that deals with conservation of nature. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF Zambia is seeking to hire an experienced and motivated individual for the position of an Accounts Officer to be based in Lusaka.
Provides active and personalised support to WWF ZCO projects and programmes. Works closely with Project Managers and Sub-grantee Finance staff to ensure that efficient accounting and finance systems exist that will accord maximum support to the project managers as well as act as a platform for providing sound financial information to management and donors.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of payments
- Ensuring that all entries relating to payments, receipts or adjustments are timely posted into Oracle. The objective of this task is to allow for a thorough checking of the financial data well ahead of the monthly financial closing and subsequent preparation of the monthly financial report.
- Preparing monthly AP reconciliations and reviews on the AP Aging Analysis to provide weekly reports to the Finance Manager.
- Ensure all statutory returns and payments are submitted in timely, with no penalties accruing to WWF. Follow up and clear all queries arising with NAPSA, ZRA and any other statutory bodiesEnsures implementation of sound financial and accounting controls.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a system of monitoring and reconciling all other forms of advances.
- Carrying out banking duties as required.
- Ensure payments for cost recovery from projects are timely and accurate performed. This should be implemented in liaison with the Accountants and in line with the WWF Network Cost Recovery Standards.
- Filing of all the finance related documents and maintaining the filing system in an orderly manner.
- In close liaison with the FM, organise and direct project audits. Ensure that audits are properly organised and that there is proper and timely follow-up of audit recommendations (internal, external and field office audits as well as sub-grantee audits).
- Any other duties assigned by the HOD.
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or related finance field, or at least Second Level Professional CPA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification;
- At least 3 years’ experience in financial/project administration & management in International NGO, bi-lateral Aid Agencies or Multinational Company.
- Hands-on knowledge of Oracle accounting software would be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced PC skills, particularly knowledge of MS Excel software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English.
- Ability to promote team synergy in a multi-cultural work environment.