Accounts Receivable Assistant
Yalelo Limited - Lusaka, Lusaka
Yalelo is seeking a highly analytical, self-starter, enthusiastic and hands-on Accounts Assistant – Accounts Receivables who is to work under the Revenue Accountant in maintaining daily record keeping of transactions in a timely and accurate fashion on the company’s accounting information system and to ensure the transactions of the business have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect the company’s accounting processes and procedures This position is open to Zambians only.
Location: The role is based in Lusaka.
The Right-Fit candidate will:
- Process all customer invoices
- Prepare and ensure customer statements are accurate and sent to customers for payment.
- Work with Assistant Accountant – Receivable to verify status of delinquent accounts and solicit payments on overdue accounts
- Provide backup support to other groups in the accounting department, type periodic reports and perform other general administrative duties.
- Provide support to bank reconciliations by allocating POS receipts transactions accurately to accounts
- Produce a report providing feedback on Product quantities, values and price that have been invoiced and report any inconsistencies for further investigation by the Revenue Accountant
- Prepare and send to customer’s monthly receivable statements and reconcile revenue across all platforms.
Our Accounts Assistant should have:
- Understanding of customer invoicing, accounts receivable, Microsoft office, account reconciliations and reporting
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- ACCA II or Equivalent, experience working with ERP like Sage Evolution
- Honesty: Must always convey accurate data to management. Honesty is critical to help management problem solve any issues.
- Multi-tasking: Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and follow procedures exactly, every time.
- Communication: Demonstrate effective communication and professionalism at all levels. Must be able to effectively communicate in English (both written and verbal).
- Great Attendance: Must be able to maintain attendance (48 hour/week) and work with limited supervision.
- Judgment: Demonstrate professional judgment, relate all information and data to management. 100% accuracy expected and must be prepared to discuss any issues that deviate from normal laboratory procedures.
- Flexibility: Adapts to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities.