Admin and Planning Engineer
Yalelo Limited - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
Yalelo is seeking a highly analytical, meticulous and hands-on Admin & Planning Engineer with extensive experience in Proactive Maintenance, Project Management, Spare parts procurement and material coordination.
Location: The role will be primarily based in Lusaka but may require occasional travel to Siavonga.
The Right-Fit candidate will:
- Own computer maintenance management system (CMMS FIIX).
- Increase Global Completion of planned work in FIIX
- Positively IMPACT work schedule compliance
- Reduce Overdue preventive maintenance work orders
- Improve the quality and content of information on plant units
- Receive and process work orders after planning
- Define clearly the scope of work to be performed.
- Develop a detailed job plan with all work sequences involved to adequately complete the repairs, including equipment downtime and man-hours required.
- Determine and list all safety procedures associated with the work to be performed.
- Provide a parts list with reference numbers and exact locations for every work order and ensure that all required parts are in stock before job scheduling.
- Positively impact MTBF – Mean Time Between Failures
- Determine the cost involved for parts and supplies for each work order.
- Ensure proper management of project scope change and deliverables
- Order all non-stock spare parts and materials as required by the job plan.
- Participate in the /Weekly work order/Project milestone review and weekly scheduling debrief with Engineering Manager
Our Admin & Planning Engineer should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical, Electrical/Electronic or other relevant qualification
- Industry Experience: At least three (3) years’ work experience maintenance.
- Certifiable technical training in Project Management will be added advantage
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work a schedule outside business hours and/or flexible shifts.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work in a team.
- Be detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Local Statutory Safety and Environment regulations and procedures
- Problem solving methods and tools (Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Risk Analysis (FMEA)).
- Strong computer knowledge, Fiix or CMMS, Microsoft Project, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong technical knowledge of maintenance operations
- Knowledge of refrigeration
- Knowledge in Electricity/Mechanical /PLCs/ (Control Systems) and Instrumentation/Electronics