Yalelo Limited - Lusaka, Lusaka
Yalelo is seeking a highly logical, self-starter, enthusiastic and hands-on Cashier who is to work under the Revenue Accountant in maintaining daily record keeping of transactions in both a timely and accurate fashion on the company’s accounting information system and to ensure that Cash transactions of the business have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect the company’s accounting processes and procedures. This position is open to Zambians only.
Location: The role is based in Lusaka.
The Right-Fit candidate will:
- Ensure cash counts are conducted on all receipts and adequate documentation is maintained and fully signed off.
- Process all customer receipts in the accounting information system based on verified official records.
- Produce a daily report for all stores detailing the sales for the day and actual deposits made.
- Review each and every piece of information before processing it and maintain a strong understanding of Product Type, Price and customer accounts to avoid mis posts.
- Compare stock movements to reported sales and reconcile and highlight any discrepancies daily and per store
- Provide backup support to other groups in the accounting department, type periodic reports and perform other general administrative duties in direct support to the Assistant Accountant – Receivables and Revenue Accountant.
- Ensure all cash is fully reconciled at the end of the month and all un-deposited cash location is known and reported accurately.
Our Cashier should have:
- Attention to detail, Time Management, Customer Service, Computer knowledge, Mental Math
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- ACCA II or Equivalent, experience working with ERP like Sage Evolution
- Honesty: Must always convey accurate data to management. Honesty is critical to help management problem solve any issues.
- Multi-tasking: Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and follow procedures exactly, every time.
- Communication: Demonstrate effective communication and professionalism at all levels. Must be able to effectively communicate in English (both written and verbal).
- Great Attendance: Must be able to maintain attendance (48 hour/week) and work with limited supervision.
- Judgment: Demonstrate professional judgment, relate all information and data to management. 100% accuracy expected and must be prepared to discuss any issues that deviate from normal laboratory procedures.
- Flexibility: Adapts to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities.