Data Associate – Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project
Young Women’s Christian Association of Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
The YWCA Zambia is a Christian, membership, non-partisan, non-governmental (NGO) organization dedicated to the empowerment of the community (especially women, youth and children) to contribute to the attainment of a just society through rights-based approaches and sustainable interventions.
YWCA Zambia’s 5 core program areas include the “Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Program” as well as the “Adolescent Youth and Empowerment Program”. Activities under the SRH Program include provision of information on HIV, conducting mobile clinics to take services to the doorsteps in the communities, referrals to other SRH and HIV service providers and training of peer educators on SRH & HIV, while those under the Adolescent program target both in & out of school youth, and include safe spaces for girls and mentorship forums for boys among others.
YWCA Zambia, was sub-contracted in 2016 by Pact Inc. to work on the USAID-funded Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (Z-CHPP). Z-CHPP aims to accelerate progress towards Zambia’s goal of reducing new HIV infections by increasing adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors with a key focus on people living with HIV (PLHIV), discordant couples, young women, and other high risk groups.
- Collate data from the field for data entry
- Enter data from open source documents into prescribed computer data base, files and forms
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Conduct preliminary quality control on data entered in the system
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Use SmartCare alongside M & E for reporting on a monthly basis to avoid errors in reporting on ART indicators.
- Support the project in dissemination of results to key audiences
- Support in analyzing layering of services on monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual basis
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate is expected to satisfy the following;
- Grade Twelve School Certificate
- Diploma in Management Information Systems (IMIS)
- Computer Literate
- Degree qualification an advantage
- At least one year of work experience in managing large data bases
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle competing demands
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- High level of personal integrity
- Team Player