Civil Draughtsman / Building Construction Liaison Person
Zambeef Products PLC - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Zambeef Products PLC, a fast growing Zambian Agribusiness Company, invites applications from energetic and suitably qualified Zambian citizens to join the Business as a CIVIL DRAUGHTSMAN/ BUILDING CONSTRUCTION LIAISON PERSON to be based at Head Office
The position shall have a dual reporting into the Maintenance Manager & Retail General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall be but not limited to:
- Drafting of building construction drawings to required project specifications;
- Analyse and provide cost of technical and resource requirements for proposed building projects;
- Carry out routine checks of construction sites to ensure adherence to design specifications;
- Analyse operational data to evaluate operational and process progress of all building projects;
- Explain civil construction drawings to construction teams and provide technical guidance where required;
- Liaising with Water and Power utility providers in all areas of operation;
- Communicating with local authorities, Ministry of Lands and Planning authorities to ensure compliance of statutory requirements;
- Interfacing his roles and those of the Retailing, Maintenance and Technical & Environmental Departments.
- Full Grade 1 2 School certificate with credit in English, Maths and Science HND, Diploma or Degree in Civil/Construction Technology;
- At least 2-3 years actual hands on experience in building design and construction supervision;
- Membership of Engineering Institute of Zambia is a must;
- Knowledge of Autocad.