Zambia Bureau of Standards - Lusaka, Lusaka
The Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. It implements the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017 of the laws of Zambia and was established by an Act of Parliament in 1982 which was repealed by CAP 416 of 1994. Zambia Bureau of Standards was established to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national and international markets. The Act mandates ZABS, among others, to undertake Standardization, Product certification, testing and training services.
The Zambia Bureau of Standards wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant positions:
FINANCE MANAGER (01)
(A) KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To establish, document and implement Financial Regulations and ensuring that they are followed.
- To prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports and annual financial statements.
- To safeguard ZABS assets and liabilities by ensuring that purchasing and stores records are checked regularly.
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budget estimates based on activities identified by various departments.
- To provide budget control and Financial risk management
- To review the costing for services rendered by ZABS to its clients.
- To monitor the implementation of the approved budget.
(B) QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Grade 12 Certificate,
- Registered member of Zl CA
- BAc/Full ACCA/CI MA/ZICA program or equivalent
- Minimum eight (8) years’ work experience with 3 years at Management level in a busy office
- Knowledge in accounting packages.
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good Communication skills- both written and oral
- Basic computer skills (Word processing, spreadsheets and internet)
- High level of integrity and confidentiality, sober character, ethical and capable of working independently.