Marketing & Communication Manager
Zambia Bureau of Standards - Lusaka, Lusaka
The Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. It implements the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017 of the laws of Zambia and was established by an Act of Parliament in 1982 which was repealed by CAP 416 of 1994. Zambia Bureau of Standards was established to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national and international markets. The Act mandates ZABS, among others, to undertake Standardization, Product certification, testing and training services.
The Zambia Bureau of Standards wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant positions:
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (01)
(A) KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To effectively manage the development and implementation of the Marketing and Communication strategy in order to facilitate implementation of promotional and media relation activities.
- To regularly manage the mounting of promotional programmes for products and services in order to increase market share and sales
- To ensure that corporate branding is effective and appropriate in order to enhance the visibility of the institution and appeal of its products and services
- To timely manage production and dissemination of IC materials in order to facilitate implementation ofthe Marketing and Communication strategy
- Manage responses to inquiries and rapid response protocols for crisis communications
- Grow clientele base in order to meet the organizations objectives and enhance market share for ZABS core services
(B) QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Grade 12 Certificate,
- BA/BSc Degree /Marketing/ in Mass Communication or its equivalent
- Minimum eight (8) years work experience with 3 years at Management level in a busy office
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to write technical reports
- Good analytical skills
- Good Communication skills- both written and oral
- Basic computer skills (Word processing, spreadsheets and internet)
- High level of integrity and confidentiality, sober character, ethical and capable of working independently.