The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency (ZCSA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. The Agency was established by the Compulsory StandardsAct No. 3 of 2017 of the Laws of Zambia. The Act mandates the Agency, among others, to administer, maintain and ensure compliance to compulsory standards for public safety, health and protection of both consumers and the environment.
The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant positions:
DIRECTOR – DOMESTIC QUALITY MONITORING (01)
(A) KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To effectively manage and coordinate local inspections of local products and services in order to ensure compliance with compulsory standards.
- To timely manage and coordinate analysis of applications and related documents in order to ensure issuance of pre – import licence.
- To periodically manage and coordinate the conduct of market surveillances in order to ensure continued post – market compliance with compulsory standards.
- To regularly manage and coordinate the maintenance and updating of the import inspections database in order to facilitate storage, retrieval and processing of information.
- To timely manage and coordinate the conduct of investigation on consumer complaints in order to address the risks and provide remedial measures
- To periodically manage and coordinate the preparation and publication of domestic quality monitoring reports in order to facilitate informed decision making.
(B) QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCEAND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Form V/ Grade 12 Certificate,
- Degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum eight (8) years’ work experience with 4 years at Management level
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good Communication skills- both written and oral
- High level of integrity and confidentiality, sober character, ethical and capable of working independently.
These positions are in Senior Management category and on three (3) year fixed term renewable contract.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share