The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency (ZCSA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. The Agency was established by the Compulsory StandardsAct No. 3 of 2017 of the Laws of Zambia. The Act mandates the Agency, among others, to administer, maintain and ensure compliance to compulsory standards for public safety, health and protection of both consumers and the environment.
The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant positions:
DIRECTOR – IMPORT QUALITY MONITORING (01)
(A) KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To effectively coordinate and manage import inspections in order to ensure foreign manufactured products comply with compulsory standards.
- To timely coordinate and manage the analysis of applications and related documents in order to facilitate issuance of pre-import licences
- To periodically coordinate and manage the conduct of market surveillances in order to ensure continued post market compliance with compulsory standards
- To regularly coordinate and manage the maintenance and updating of the database in order to facilitate storage, retrieval and processing of information
- To periodically coordinate and manage the conduct of investigations on consumer complaints in order to address the risks and provide remedial measures
- To periodically coordinate and manage the preparation and publication of departmental import quality monitoring reports in order to facilitate informed decision making
(B) QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCEAND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Form V/Grade 12 Certificate,
- Degree in Science or Engineering or its equivalent
- Minimum eight (8) years’ work experience with 4 years at Management level
- Management skills
- Ability to write technical reports
- Good analytical skills
- Good Communication skills- both written and oral
- High level of integrity and confidentiality, sober character, ethical and capable of working independently.
These positions are in Senior Management category and on three (3) year fixed term renewable contract.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share