The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency (ZCSA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. The Agency was established by the Compulsory StandardsAct No. 3 of 2017 of the Laws of Zambia. The Act mandates the Agency, among others, to administer, maintain and ensure compliance to compulsory standards for public safety, health and protection of both consumers and the environment.
The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant position:
DIRECTOR – LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE (01)
(A) KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To effectively manage the provision of legal services in order to ensure compliance with the Law.
- To timely provide secretariat services to the Board in order to facilitate the conduct of Board business.
- To timely manage review and preparation of contracts and other legal documents in order to ensure compliance and safeguard the interests of the Agency.
- To timely manage prosecutions of non-compliant cases in order to enforce compulsory standards.
- To accurately manage the conduct of risk assessment in order to formulate responsive approaches.
- To effectively manage the preparation of work plans and implementation of the Annual Performance Appraisal System (APAS) in order to facilitate the monitoring and evaluation of performance.
- To effectively manage human, financial and other resources in order to facilitate the achievement of departmental objectives.
(B) QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Form V/Grade 12 Certificate,
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or its equivalent
- Advocate ofthe High Court
- Minimum eight (8) years’ work experience with 4 years at Management level
- Management skills
- Ability to write technical reports
- Good analytical skills
- Good Communication skills- both written and oral
- High level of integrity and confidentiality, sober character, ethical and capable of working independently.
These positions are in Senior Management category and on three (3) year fixed term renewable contract.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share