The Zambia Electronic Clearing House Limited (ZECHL), is a non-profit making corporate entity formed in 1999 and registered under the Companies Act of 1994, Chapter 388 of the Laws of Zambia.
It was formed for the purpose of providing interbank clearing services to Bank of Zambia and the commercial Banks and its registered offices are at the Common Market for East and Southern Africa (COMESA) Head Offices.
ZECHL is now inviting applications for the position of Systems Support Officer for its Lusaka Office.
Position Title: Systems Support Operator
Grade: ECH 5
Reports To: Operations Officer
Reporting to this position: None
The Systems Support Operator will be the first point of contact between the participants and the National Financial Switch (NFS) and will ensure the system is avail
- Handle customer inquiries on the National Financial Switch (NFS) both telephonically and through emails.
- Log calls and assign all reported incidents for ATM, POS, and Mobile Channels
- Application Monitoring for critical systems on the NFS and report all internal issues affecting the smooth operations of the NFS
- Track incidents and ensure resolution
- Escalate issues to relevant parties, internal and external, where necessary
- Provide customers with information regarding status of logged items
- Follow up customer queries with necessary ZECHL or external personnel
- Provide first level support to clients for basic Data Navigator transaction searching and report generation.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- A minimum of a Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least two years’ experience in call centre operations
- Having worked for a financial institution involved in clearing and settlement would be advantageous
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Related Competences
- Basic understanding of electronic banking transactions, payment cards, & switching systems.
- Basic knowledge on Clearing and Settlement
- Basic understanding on MS-Office (MS-Word, Excel, PPT,)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a team worker
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Good coordination and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure and be result oriented.
- Innovative solution provider, capable of articulating new ideas and changes
- Ability to interact and coordinate effectively with internal and external business partners
- Upholding organizational objectives, rules and regulations
- Ensure operations are performed in secure environment
- Meeting personal and team targets as shall be set from time to time