Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
Zambia Institute of Advanced
The Council Of the Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education (ZIALE) is looking for a suitably qualified experienced and result oriented person to fill the position of Assistant Accountant.
Reporting to the Accountant the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for providing support to the Finance section and Management team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks. Maintaining and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for the Institute.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Posting of transactions to the Cash Books and all accounting Ledgers;
- Good knowledge and understanding Of own and units role, duties and responsibilities with regards to the Student Management System (SMS);
- Ensure timely payment and submission of all statutory returns (PAYE & NAPSA Personal Levy etc.);
- Issues invoices and quotations to clients;
- Maintain the register Of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system Of all institute property;
- Monitors the Inventory module fcr accuracy of postings into the General Ledger and conduct random physical inventory courts;
- Support internal and external audit processes. Retrieval Of documents and information needed for audits when requested.
- May be called upon to take on duties unique to the Institution e.g. invigilation; and
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, 5 ‘O’ Level including English and Mathematics.
- Bachelors degree in Accountancy, ACCA II, CIMA II or ZICA Licentiate.
- A Licentiate member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- 3 years’ minimum work experience
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proficiency in Patel Accounting Package, Macro Payroll and Microsoft office applications.
- Knowledge of Government accounting procedures
- Good understanding of applicable tax, pension and labour laws.
- Extensive analytical skills
- Detail Oriented; Organised; Punctual; and Strong bookkeeping skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal stills