Sales & Marketing Manager
Zambia Institute of Mass Communication - Lusaka, Lusaka
The Zambia Institute of Mass Communication (ZAMCOM) was established under the ZAMCOM Act of Parliament of 1996 to provide Communications and Media training and production services to government, non-government, private sector and individual clients within Zambia and the Southern African region. ZAMCOM has been undergoing a corporate renewal since 2012 and is currently implementing a turnaround strategy aimed at positioning the Institute to become a financially self-sustaining entity.
ZAMCOM is currently looking for suitably qualified and experience candidate to take up the following positions.
POSITION: (01) SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER TRUST AND ZAMCOM LODGE
Main Job Objective:
The Marketing Manager will be required to maintain and increase ZAMCOM Trust and the Lodge’s business and brand positioning in the market through the development of marketing and communications strategies. The effective management of marketing components such as pricing, promotion, distribution and product/service offerings/features as well as the overall customer experience shall be strengthened to impact the performance.
The candidate must have strong communication skills, be self-motivated and driven, and have had previous expertise in sales.
The main responsibilities will be the following:
- Developing and implementing the Sales & Marketing Strategies and Budgets
- Marketing campaigns, promotions, sales efforts and Brand Management
- Creation and publication of marketing material and online content
- Customer Relationship Management
- Evaluating customer research, feedback, market conditions and competitor data
- Developing and overseeing training programmes relevant to the switch-over
- Monitoring industry needs and converting these into saleable products
- Stakeholder engagement/management at all levels
- Reviewing current and new marketing technologies and systems
- Define and support each product and service of the institution based on institution priority and develop appropriate marketing tactics to achieve strategic objectives.
- Monitor the performance of product/services and facilitate process for improvement, adaptation or change in order to meet strategic objectives and performance targets
- Monitor the achievement of the objectives defined in the marketing plan in market share, margin, commercial positioning, customer satisfaction etc.
- Develop and strengthen a corporate image to meet the needs and objectives of ZAMCOM Trust and the Lodge
- Inform management of the research process, progress and implementation in order to gain resources and or priority as necessary
- Any other relevant task that might be assigned.
You will report to the Executive Director but work closely with all members of staff across departments particularly that of Business Development; you will have the opportunity to stretch across many areas of the business; and you will be expected to be proactive in your approach, and be able to suggest new areas for focus.
RELEVANT EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Marketing-related field like Chartered Institute of Marketing ( CIM). Master’s degree holders will have an added advantage.
- Creative and artistic with technical marketing skills
- Strategic thinker and influencer
- Experienced in developing and managing marketing strategies
- Experience in customer and market research
- Excellent written (including copywriting) skills and verbal communications delivering a clear message with confidence.
- Must be a Member of Zambia Institute of Marketing
- Personal Competences and Skills
- Creative thinking and able to generate original ideas
- Strong Managerial and leadership skills
- Knowledge of Radio and Television Market
- Strong knowledge of Digital communication and Marketing
- Computer literate and proficiency in figures, statistical presentations such as graphs
- Strong knowledge of marketing, communication, build and manage brands
- High personal integrity
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.