Zambia National Commercial Bank - Lusaka, Lusaka
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following jobs aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Retail Banking Department to be based in Branches:-
To perform customer transactions such as cash/cheque deposits/withdrawals, including foreign exchange transactions and ensure that Bank procedures are adhered whilst enhancing the customer experience through counter interactions.
Under the supervision of the Senior Teller the following are among the job key responsibilities:-
- To be ready to serve customers before the Bank opens to the public and maintain smooth teller counter operations with minimal disruptions.
- To provide outstanding service to customers by adhering to the agreed non-negotiable service behaviours.
- To pay and receive physical cash and other financial instruments over the counter timely, primarily to Zanaco customers.
- To improve the customer experience and ensure customer waiting time is as per SLA.
- To ensure that all complaints received over the counter are captured and actioned within the SLA timelines.
- To escalate any unresolved queries or queries that exceed SLA to the Senior Teller and make follow ups with the Senior Teller to ensure quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- To be knowledgeable and aware of the Bank’s products and services.
- To participate in the weekly, monthly product & service sessions for the tellers.
- To ensure that a professional image is portrayed at all times.
- To ensure that there is same day escalation of outstanding online/interbranch cheques to the Branch Manager.
- To ensure the clean desk policy is observed and that cleanliness on the counter is upheld.
- To direct customers to appropriate delivery channel as a point of service e.g. cashiers, ATM, Agent outlets.
- To adhere to the security policy requirements on counter security.
- To verify cash received and paid out before completing the transaction in order to avoid errors.
- To reconcile till at the start and end of the day whenever cash is restocked or repatriated.
- To liaise with Senior Teller for evacuation of excess cash in order to minimize losses in an event of a robbery.
- To hold cash on hand within Teller limit as per agreed limits and refer any transaction in excess of Teller limit to the next level of authorisation.
- To ensure the Teller panic button is tested as per Bank’s procedure.
- To conduct daily call over on peer to peer of over the counter vouchers as assigned by Senior Teller and escalate any exceptions and anomalies to the Senior Teller.
- To take vouchers to the Operations Coordinator for sample checking and filing.
- To report any cash differences within 24hrs and assist in the resolution of the differences.
- To ensure all vouchers processed are secured and in accordance with Bank procedure.
- To act as a spokesperson for the branch explaining sales campaigns to customers, by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- To identify sales leads by talking to customers to understand their requirements.
- To direct customers to RM’s in the branch where potential sales opportunity is identified.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Branch Sales manager.
· External: Customers/Clients
- Internal: All Divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Diploma in a relevant subject.
- Professional Diploma in Banking & Finance is an added advantage.
- Minimum: No experience required, although banking experience will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of all Retail products and account opening, KYC Cash and other Branch process requirements, relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti – Money laundering, Banking cod etc. will be an added advantage.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Rule orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Numerical reasoning
- Problem solving
- Delighting the Customer
- Drive for results