Head Usage, Retention & Product Management
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc - Lusaka, Lusaka
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Digital Banking Division under the Digital Marketing and Products Department at Head Office:-
HEAD USAGE, RETENTION AND PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (X1)
Responsible for driving customer usage and retentions strategies, development of customer lifecycle management plus implementing the banking products & channel strategy. This role will also oversee the product development process and performance so as to ensure that the Bank has products that meet customer requirements and facilitate achievement of the bank’s profitability targets.
Under the supervision of the Chief Digital Banking Officer, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Driving the Digital customer journey and lifecycle management within Zanaco
- Design and drive usage of products under the digital portfolio
- Design and drive channel utilization across entire Zanaco Portfolio
- Design customer value propositions for digital customers
- Design and manage customer churn/attrition strategies for digital customers
- Provide input (proposals and recommendations) into the Bank’s Products development strategy with oversight from the Director Products and Channels
- Provide input and make recommendations into product development methodologies and unit operating guidelines and procedures
- Ensure effective implementation of the Products strategy
- Implementation, development and monitoring of the products according to the different segments and measure profitability of products
- Provide input into campaigns and activities run by marketing for Bank segments to increase product utilization and profitability and recommend supportive activities to marketing for introducing product on the market (co-operation with marketing division).
- Develop ways for the Bank to cross sell products through existing channels.
- Introduce and manage standard tools for product development and campaign management.
- Co-develop internal procedures and processes for all products and services.
- Manage the existing Bank products and services.
- Develop activation and usage programs
- Coordinate market research, monitor competitors and analyze customer needs (Co-operation with marketing in case of market research).
- Monitor all possible/identified risks on all products and make modifications to mitigate risks
- Monitor product performance through the different life cycle stages
- Monitor product performance relative to budget and other performance metrics
- Make necessary recommendations on performance improvement actions
- Generate necessary performance reports to be circulated to all necessary stakeholders
- Define the targets and responsibilities of managers and manage and implement the performance contracts of all managers
- Identify and develop succession planning at all levels in the management hierarchy and include cross training as part of a defined staff development plan
- External: Local Regulators, Service Providers
- Internal: All Divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Degree in a relevant field or professional qualification from a recognized university.
- Minimum: At least six to eight (6-8) years’ banking or related experience
- Technical knowledge in business tools, products and methodologies
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues typical for country banking systems
- Knowledge and analytical skills, ability to understand main aspects of a financial institution’s operations,
- Exposure to Workshops and other training for a in mobile banking and digital banking innovations
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Banking business acumen
- Understanding of Segmentation principles
- Drive for results/goal oriented.
- Strong knowledge of bank products and channels
- Understand product market demands
- Ability to understand and interpret customer needs
- Business case preparation and analysis
- Networking skills
- Market awareness
- Team work
- Creativity and innovation
- Confidence and resilience
- Excellent communicator and motivator.
- Leadership qualities – natural leader and team player with strong influencing skills.
- Strategic analysis