Zambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS) exists to enable the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) in Zambia, especially the girl child and children with special educational needs, to access quality education. ZOCS hopes to achieve this through Advocacy, Capacity Building and support to Community Schools through Service Delivery, mainstreaming the cross cutting issues of gender, HIV and AIDS and disability, as well as learning-based monitoring and evaluation of its interventions.
ZOCS seeks to recruit qualified candidates, preferably Ndola and Kabwe Residents, who are self -motivated and result oriented to fill the following positions:
PROJECT OFFICER – NDOLA & KABWE (2)
REPORTS TO – PROJECT COORDINATOR
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This Position will oversee and implement the Project’s operations in selected Community Schools at the District Level.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight in the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities in the selected Community Schools of the District.
- Manage the Equipment of the District Resource Centre including Teacher Training Materials.
- Collaborate with SUAS Educational Development in the design of the Teacher Training Programme and its Implementation.
- Manage the Project Budget allocated to selected Community Schools of the District.
- Collect data from the selected Community Schools and submit to the Project Coordinator.
- Work closely with Zonal Insert Coordinators in monitoring and mentorship of trained teachers.
- Work closely with the Independent Project Evaluator during evaluation of the project.
- Coordinate Volunteer Teacher Trainings.
- Represent the project at relevant District Stakeholders’ Meetings.
- Produce activity reports and tracking of Programme deliverables against the set objectives.
- Keep ZOCS Management and SUAS informed of latest developments on the project (via the Project Coordinator).
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in a relevant field (Project Management, Education, Development Studies, Social Work) or any other Social Science related field.
- At least two years of related experience working in the Education Sector.
- Project Management Experience.
- Team Player with very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very good analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of people.
- Able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- NGO experience desirable
- Understanding of Zambian Education System preferably with knowledge of Community Schools.