Zambia Sugar Plc - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Zambia Sugar Plc., a large agro-industry which is part of Illovo Sugar Ltd, is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugarcane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products. The Company has a permanent employee base of 1 700 employees and offers medical, educational, sport, recreation and other social facilities on the Estate in Mazabuka. The recently expanded Nakambala Sugar Mill area comprises approximately 28 000 hectares of irrigated sugarcane. An approximately 17 000 hectares of the planted area is owned by Zambia Sugar Plc.; and the balance of 11 000 hectares is owned by fourteen commercial Growers and three small-scale grower entities whose affairs are managed by the Estimated Recoverable Crystals (ERC) Committee comprising membership from Zambia Sugar Plc. and the Growers.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions;
1. TALENT MANAGER (1)
- Development and implementing of an effective talent management process in the company.
- Management succession plan that ensures that there is requisite current and future talent pipeline in place.
- Sourcing and evaluating cost effective development processes and solutions for the talent pipeline in the business.
- Managing talent strategy via designing, developing and managing the talent management frame work, continuously Improving succession planning process.
- Driving engaged performance management and development through designing, managing and implementing the engaged performance management system and monitoring effectiveness thereof, compiling trend reports on the utilization of the engaged performance management systems.
- Ensure talent reviews by designing and providing guidelines on talent reviews, coordinating career panel meetings , reviewing functional talent with Heads of Departments, consolidating succession plans from all operations into country succession plan and compiling talent and organisational capability reviews.
- Management of talent pipeline leadership development programme by implementing and evaluating high potential development programmes and executive development programme.
- Management of talent acquisition by developing and implementing competence based selection systems and processes and overseeing the use of psychometric assessments tools across the business.
- Management of organizational development through designing, managing all strategic organizational development projects, preparing organization development initiatives proposals to the Executive for approval, implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of organizational development interventions.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Social Sciences
- Postgraduate studies in Orgamsation Development
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior Human Resources Management role.
- A track record of having interacted with Management at an Executive level.
- Thorough knowledge of talent identification and talent development models and ability to apply these in a large corporation, company operating processes, computerised systems and how these can be used to facilitate Organisation Development processes.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact comfortably with all levels of Management.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Member of Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management.