Assistant Internal Auditor
ZIALE - Lusaka, Lusaka
The Council of the Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education (ZIALE) is looking for a suitably qualified experienced and result oriented person to fill the position of Assistant Internal Auditor. The Assistant Internal Auditor reports to the Internal Auditor.
To assistant management in achieving strategic objectives on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Internal Control, Risk Management and Governance processes.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTANTABILITIES
- Carries out periodic reliability tests to confirm the efficiency, effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls, systems and procedures in safeguarding the Institute’s assets;
- Safeguards the Institute’s assets and examine intemal controls in all transactions of the Institute and makes recommendations for their improvements to ensure quality assurance;
- Reviews and monitors all management systems including finance, procurement and stores, human resource to ensure compliance with the Institute’s policies and procedures;
- Undertakes periodic checks of operations in order to identify area vulnerable to latent risks, fraud and make appropriate recommendations to avert such risks;
- Carries out pre-audits on selected payments to ensure correctness and reliability of accounting records;
- Ensures that a satisfactory stores systems is maintained and the authorization procedures for all payments and disposal of assets are strictly in accordance with procurement and stores procedures and in harmony with the financial regulations;
- Write draft reports for the Supervisor’s review; and
- Undertakes special audit investigations as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 “O” levels, credits or better including English and Mathematics;
- Holder of NATech or Part Il ACCA/CIMAJZICA;
- Proven proficiency in computer
- 3 years progressive work experience;
- Not less than 25 years Old; and
- Must be a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Ability to write audit reports, analysis and recommendations based on reliable evidence;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Computer/Numerical skills; and
- Leadership skills.