Programmes and Planning Officer
ZIALE - Lusaka, Lusaka
The Council of the Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education (ZIALE) is looking for a suitably qualified experienced and result oriented person to fill the position of PROGRAMMES AND PLANNING OFFICER.
To co-ordinate the enrolment, registration, programming and planning support services in order to facilitate the smooth implementation of the Institute’s mandate.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTANTABILITIES
- Facilitates timely, efficient and effective student registration and enrolment on the Legal Practitioners
- Qualifying Examination Course, Legislative Drafting Course and all training programmes;
- Co-ordinates timely verification of foreign degrees in Law for students;
- Creates and maintains up-to-date course schedules, catalogues and examinations schedules;
- Advises Institute’s clients on academic matters;
- Co-ordinates the timely planning, preparation and implementation of short-term post-graduate courses;
- Manages efficient use of classrooms, hired venues and teaching aids for all training programmes;
- Facilitates student study permits;
- Co-ordinates all planning activities of the Institute in line with approved strategic objectives;
- Co-ordinates the monitoring and evaluation activities of the Institute’s programmes;
- Co-ordinates the Curriculum Development process of the Institute in line with the Institute’s mandate;
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy and security of all academic records and data of current and former students;
- Ensures that Performance Management and Appraisals for subordinates are conducted in a timely manner;
- Maintains and updates the ZIALE Students Roll in line with the Students Rules of the Legal Practitioners Act, Chapter 30 of the Laws of Zambia;
- Uploads and maintains student data on the Student Record Management System and undertakes data validation activities in order to ensure accuracy of data;
- Manages student welfare for all training programmes acts as a liaison between students, lecturers and the Institute’s Administration;
- Creates and/ or updates unit policy or policies as directed; and
- Sits on various institutional committees as directed by the Council Secretary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 with 5 ‘O’ levels with credits or better including English and Mathematics
- Should possess a Degree in Social Sciences from internationally recognized university
- Experience in teaching and Curriculum Development;
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation; and
- Mintmum 5 years experience.
- Excellent oral and writing skills;
- Must be computer literate;
- Ability to write project proposals;
- Strong communication skills; and
Ability to conduct research.