ZIPS - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
The Zambia institute of purchasing and supply (ZIPS) was established underthe Act No, 15 0f 2003 of the laws of Zambia. The main function of the institute is to certify and regulate professional conduct of all Procurement and Supply practitioners as well as build capacity for the practitioners in the Purchasing and Supply Profession in Zambia.
The Institute now seeks to recruit a suitable, highly motivated and goal oriented professional to fill the following vacancies.
EDUCATION MANAGER (01)
This is a senior position responsible for the institutes’ overall Education program in purchasing and supply management and is accountable to the Executive Director.
- Manage the training program and ensure students enroll for the certificate, diploma arxå professional level courses in purchasing and supply management
- Prepare and manage Examination process
- Recommending examination questions setters
- Moderators, invigilators and examiners
- Coordinate all the activities relating to the education program and ensure the smooth running of the training program.
- Effective collaboration with training partners and other stakeholders
- Ensure accreditation of the education program to all relevant bodies
- Develop and recommend to the Executive Director appropriate systems, control policies, procedures and strategies for the Education Program
- Develop budget guidelines, coordinate the budgeting process and consolidate the departmental budgets as well as budget controls.
- Prepare weekly. monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well es ad hoc reports and recommendations for improvements in order to meet set objectives.
- Develop and implement cost containnEnt strategies
- Manage resources ofthe institute effciently in order to meet the set objectives.
- Supervise staff in the department to ensure attainment of the education program objectives.
- Promote dialogue through workshop ard seminars with all the stakeholder
- Visit training partners and arrange meetings and education talks for students.
- Sensitize students, training partners, the public and all stakeholders on the education progra m.
- Provide leadership in reviewing the educational materials from time to time.
- Ensure that all education materials are printed on time and are available for students to use.
- Ensure smooth communication to and from students and training providers
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Education, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Procurement and Supply Management, Business Administration or any related field will be an added advantage,
- Certificate in Teaching Methodology or Training of Trainers an advantage
Full Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels.
- A proven track record of Teaching, Examination setting, moderation, marking and invig ilation.
- Five (5) years’ experience in providing similar services.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong personality and character, a team player with tact and diplomacy as well as integrity to effectively perform the role.
- ICT skills and capacity building skills are critical