Country Finance, Administration and People Lead
ZOONA - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Department: Finance Shared Services
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Compensation: Negotiable Based on Experience
WHO ARE WE
Zoona exists to make a difference. We start by identifying emerging entrepreneurs and providing them with a franchise “business-in-a-box” solution to make money and serve their communities as Zoona agents and tellers. We specifically focus on girls and young women who can multiply our impact by becoming role models and accelerating the Girl Effect in their communities. Our core service is to help people send and receive money when they need to most. By consistently delivering an exceptional experience when it truly matters, we will earn the trust of our consumers and create wealth and well being for our agents and tellers. We will nurture these relationships and listen attentively to our customers to develop a suite of innovative financial services that solve real pain points and enhance their dignity.
This is how we help communities thrive.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING
Manage Country Disbursement Orders (DBOs)
- Train new staff on advances & expenses in expensify.
- Occasional retraining needed for old staff
- Consolidate weekly due DBO payments
- Ensuring travel guide policy, cost center, project compliance in the process.
- Manage and maintain controls for Petty Cash float and carrying out a weekly & monthly reconciliations respectively.
Maintain Working Internal & External Business Controls
- Constant review of the SOA
- Maintain alignment with Group Finance on working controls around the business’ cross function.
Highlighting any possibilities for business exposure.
Supplier Management (Purchase to Pay/Payables)
- Manage supplier relationships, accounts and delivery
- Ensure supplier contracts validity, legal signoff on lease agreements and other key contracts.
- Negotiate payment/credit terms with new & existing suppliers
- Manage the procurement process, i.e requisition, purchase orders to payment stage
- Manage the weekly payment coordination, this includes all Invoice Uploads, Remittance/POPs,
- Supplier integrity , maintain strict vetting process and review
- Ensure Annual Renewals with critical suppliers
- Present all arising matters to Group Finance
Statutory, TAX & External Stakeholders
- Front facing with external stakeholders i.e ;· Local City Council (LCC),Workers Compensation, Napsa, ZICTA, ZRA & Auditors.
- Support Group Tax Head with computation and submission of returns. Highlighting any and all changes to avoid business exposure.
- Bank – Support Group Treasury & Payment processing team manage Bank submissions, Relationships, Coordinations and Reconciliations.
- Assist payment processing reconcile bank statements i.e. track any deposits made on the account.
- Archiving & Audit – Keep updated electronic and manual archiving system for external/internal audit purposes (ZRA/PWC)
Inventory & Facilities Management
- Perform periodic control reviews of all branding material stored at head office, stationary & consumables
- Manage all office facilities delivery & execution i.e general office SHEQ, cleaning services, security, others as may arise.
- Vehicle Management and Coordination i.e manage usage, service due, statutory compliance and general vehicle SHEQ
- Travel – Coordinate all travel logistics for local & visiting staff
Manage People relations/Resource
- Assist business functions with recruitment process
- Lead & coordinate induction of new staff
- Lead offboarding process
- Periodic review and updating of staff moves
- Support on payroll inputs & or reconciliations as may arise as regards staff salaries
- Manage relationship with labour consultants.
- Lead on preparing all interns contracts and support with subsequent off payroll salary payments.
- Arrange & Assist in arranging and coordinating all company events with best value for money
- Lead in building a positive, productive and performance driven work culture with local staff
- Manage Leave tracking and accurial for country staff
- Constat review of Budget & Business plan to perform financial projects.
- Monitor and manage expenditures within allotted budget i.e review & tracking of Budget vs Spend (Adaptive & Qlikview)
- Prepare periodic cost & variance analysis for departmental heads & business heads review
- Partner functional heads in managing the day to day activities as per budget, suggesting saving options & all recommendations for adjustments
- Present all arising matters to respective leads & business heads
- Coordinate in-country Board Meetings
- Executive Committee (EXCO) & International Investors Country Support i.e correspondence with respective E.A’s
- 5 to 7 Years work experience in a busy and agile work environment
- ACCA, CIMA, Finance & Accountancy Degree or Equivalent
Culture & Skills Fit
- Self Starter, can work with minimal supervision
- Line Management experience is an advantage
- Strong Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Business and Personal Integrity
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Can work in Agile, Non-Traditional Environment
- Experience working with Shared Services