Strategic Events and Communication Coordinator
Zoona - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
STRATEGIC EVENTS & COMMUNICATION COORDINATOR
Job Title: Strategic Events & Communication Coordinator
Reports to: Head – Marketing in Zambia
The main objective of this role is to plan and execute all events and marketing on-the-ground activations as well as creating and influencing positive Zoona stories in the various media channels so as to protect and promote Zoona’s image in a proper, coordinated, and consistent manner.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Plan, develop and implement events (internal and external), activations or product launches within our target segments, and across the board.
- Work closely with creative communications, operations and product marketing units to implement and execute activities.
- Manage marketing activities’ calendar and ride on external events that speak to our segment markets in an impactful and effective way.
- Drive and manage all experiential go-to-market activities for effective ongoing communication of product launches, promotions, etc and within cost effectiveness and ensure seamless execution of all activities intended for the customer.
- Coordinate with Acquisition/Retention teams and other partners to support and evaluate activity performance and recommend uptake/usage improvement opportunities.
- Proactively seek new innovative ways to communicate and engage with the market, maintaining a strong and clear brand position for the Zoona brand.
- Manage invites, communications, and rsvps for stakeholder engagements
- Coordinate retro feedback sessions on events to get feedback and improve future events and engagement platforms.
- Review/revise external communications strategy and develop external communications in line with Zoona’s strategy.
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and public community.
- Manage media relationships and influence positive stories on a monthly basis in various channels (traditional, online, digital and social media) and manage press events, if any.
- Draft responses to media queries and circulate approved responses appropriately.
- Draft articles and releases to the press and/or edit one blog post at least once a month to update a general audience about what Zoona is up to.
- Support or coordinate projects or key tasks as assigned by the Head-Marketing.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Someone who has a high EQ and easily creates strong, networks and connections
- Someone who is great at communication at any level both internally and externally
- Someone who is a great organiser, highly detailed oriented but also outgoing and fun loving
- Someone who is positive and likes to see a task to the end – does not easily give up
- Someone who has good negotiation skills
- Someone who can multitask, committed and can be trusted to do a brilliant job every time
- Someone who is an experienced writer and is comfortable writing compelling pieces
Experience, qualifications and skills:
- 3-4+ years’ work experience where you demonstrate that you are the “someone” we are looking for
- Experience working with consumers in Zambia
- Fluency in English required, other Zambian local languages a plus
- High computer literacy and familiar with MS Office programs
- Experience and familiarity with organizing events successfully
- Experience and familiarity with media relations and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated ability to budget and create post activity reports/deliverables with stakeholders
- Values fit: You must live and breathe Zoona’s values of Being Real, Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Commitment, Togetherness, and Fun in both your professional and personal life.
- Multiplier leader: You must be a consistent A-player and Multiplier leader who is never satisfied with the status quo and constantly seeks to learn and improve.
- Flexible and Agile: In a rapidly growing company like Zoona, the only constant is change. Agility and an ability to fail quickly and learn are a key part of how we work.
- Confidence and belief: You must possess the highest confidence and belief in yourself, your teammates, and your direct reports.
- Performance under pressure: You must consistently meet and deliver on rising expectations and make an impact immediately.
- Passionate about your field: You must have a passion for people and its role in creating value and driving impact to change the world.