Campus Innovation Lead
BongoHive - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Campus Innovation Lead
Start Date: February, 2019, with opportunity to start earlier
Location: Lusaka, with travel across Zambia
The Campus Innovation Lead is responsible for building relationships and working with stakeholders on various campuses (Universities, Colleges etc) to support and execute student-led innovation as well as scaling BongoHive’s programs and ideas to new campuses.
Duties and responsibilities
- Think boldly and collaborate within a complex, emergent system. Understand how innovation can involve many people and recognize the ways in which it can be influenced by multiple stakeholders and trends. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success building multi-stakeholder relationships and creating impact within complex systems.
- Be a problem-solver and strategic thinker. The ideal candidate will need to work with students and stakeholders to develop strategies that take advantage of opportunities in a system to address barriers to student-led innovation in different environments.
- Be an organized project lead. Be able to manage multiple project deadlines and budgets.
- Have strong leadership skills. Foster new partnerships to build BongoHive’s student-focused programmes across Zambia.
- Thrive in a team environment. Being a part of this work means being surrounded by inspiring, committed, intelligent colleagues. Each success and failure we encounter is shared.
- This position will support other programs and events.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, or combination of relevant education and experience
- 2-5 years experience with project management or program coordination, including managing budgets and other operations tasks.
- Strong research experience (including survey development, analysis, and evaluation)
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, written, and public speaking, as well as workshop facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage both large and small-scale teams and projects with limited resources
- Flexibility with multiple deadlines and ability to multitask
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
We’d love it if you also have:
- Work experience in a campus context or with young people
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with grant-writing or fundraising
- A desire to laugh, play, and reflect with colleagues
- Able and willing to work nights and weekends in special circumstances, and to travel occasionally
- Passionate about seeing Africa’s growth through innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Experience of lean start-up methodology desirable
Willing to work when and where work needs doing. This occasionally includes evenings & weekends, as well as travel.