Job Title: Distribution Center Logistics Advisor
Reporting to: Distribution Center Logistics Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Distribution Center Logistics (DCL) Advisor will support in-country technical assistance for GHSC-PSM in Zambia for improved warehousing, inventory management, and distribution of public health commodities for the central medical stores, Medical Stores Limited (MSL), the Ministry of Health (MOH), and the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ). The DCL Advisor will be responsible for implementing technical strategies and monitoring the progress of implementation for inventory management and distribution of public health commodities, to include laboratory and cold chain commodities.
- Implement technical assistance activities for MSL and GRZ to enhance distribution center logistics focused on inventory management, distribution logistics, and laboratory/cold chain management;
- Promote technical assistance for MSL to meet international standards and practices for pharmaceutical warehouses, such as guidelines of the World Health Organization;
- Advise MSL on performance management and process improvement activities;
- Advise MSL on development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for distribution center logistics activities;
- Provide technical assistance to improve MSL’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) capabilities and master data management;
- Advise MSL on activity-based costing activities, to include daily activity planning and monitoring;
- Provide technical assistance to MSL to take active steps toward adopting GS1;
- Provide technical assistance for inventory management, to include
- Pipeline monitoring for inbound planning and coordinate with GHSC-PSM staff to exchange stock status information and POD data capture for GHSC-PSM deliveries;
- Optimization and simulation analyses;
- Picking/packing processes and strategies, to include use of gravity feed rollers;
- Volumetric data collection using Cubiscan;
- Location integrity/slot location management.
- Provide technical assistance for cold chain/laboratory logistics, to include;
- Order processing, inventory, issuance, and delivery of laboratory and cold chain commodities;
- HIV test kit management;
- Receipt of all laboratory commodities to ensure accurate product identification;
- Monitoring cold chain products and maintaining data loggers both for stock in storage and in transit.
- Provide technical assistance for distribution logistics, to include:
- Fleet management, level-loading, truck utilization, volumetric analyses, and transport and route optimization;
- Distribution schedule development and monitoring;
- Fleet maintenance monitoring and scheduling;
- Collection and data capture for PODs;
- GPS dashboard monitoring, troubleshooting, and data analysis;
- Provide oversight of supplemental direct support activities to MSL/MOH, to include activities such as 3PL distribution services and seconded warehouse operations staff.
- Supervise the specialists under his/her responsibility, develop roles and responsibilities, design and monitor professional development plans, conduct annual performance appraisals, develop SMART goals and periodically monitor progress towards objectives;
- Provide input into development and management of annual work plans and budgets for distribution center logistics based on GRZ and USG priorities.;
- Provide input into scopes of work for short-term technical assistance (STTA). Coordinate with technical consultants and review associated outcomes and deliverables to ensure quality and timely submission to the client;
- Represent PSM project at various technical meetings with collaborating partners, government officials, and/or donor agencies;
- Ensure that staff understand and adhere to established policies and procedures. Support quick and just resolution of any disciplinary issues that arise;
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently;
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in consultation with the Director of Distribution Center Logistics.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or a related field required; Master’s or other advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience working in supply chain management;
- Experience providing technical assistance for management of public sector health commodities;
- Knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements preferred;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management skills and leadership and motivational abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Location of Assignment
- The location of assignment is Lusaka, Zambia with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share