Evelyn Hone College of Applied Arts and Commerce is the largest Technical Education and Vocational Training (TEVET) Institutions under the Ministry of Higher Education. Since its inception in 1963, the institution continues to offer world class training in Business Studies, Health Sciences and Applied Arts, among others a University College of Technology.
As part of its transformation process into an Institute of Technology, the institution is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the under listed position:
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & CORPORATE AFFAIRS MANAGER
The Business Development and Corporate affairs Manager is a senior position in the Institutional hierarchy, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. It therefore carries some important duties and responsibilities to fulfil. Principle among these include, identifying and mapping business strengths of the institution against our customer needs. Manage operations of the Business Development and Corporate Affairs in order to offer quality service to both internal and external College clients. The office will be the Centre for the institutional reputational capital. In addition, the job holder will provide leadership in researching for business opportunities and viable income avenues. The Job holder shall be the policy lead officer in institutional company operations.
The institution is, therefore looking for a strong and self-motivated person to help carry out the under listed duties.
- Create an effective and favorable image for the College through the development of a Corporate and Media strategy.
- Develop sound relations with external stakeholders, communities, all spheres of government, as well as the media to ensure that the College is well recognized as an institution of choice for training, research and consultancy.
- Review and edit press releases
- Work towards improving the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth
- Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Manage financial, material, and human resources in order to facilitate the achievement of the unit’s objectives.
- Identify potential reputation risks and weaknesses to the company as well as threats and opportunities in the environment
- Develop Business growth, strategies and plans for the institution on a continuous basis in line with changing business environment.
- Manage and retain relationships with existing and new clients.
- Broaden the client base
- Provide leadership in ensuring that both staff and clients understand institution products, scope of business and institutional values.
- Develop and regularly review institutional and departmental business plans
- Provide leadership in business stakeholders negotiations
- Lead business research opportunities towards optimization of institutional income.
- Provide advice to the Chief Executive Officer on the changing business trends and internationally.
- Provide leadership in drafting and reviewing business contracts and other forms of agreements.
- Prepare quarterly and annual business performance reports for the institution
- High level communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Should possess high stakeholder Management skills
- High presentation skills
- Proven negotiation ability at senior corporate levels
- Proven ability to design and implement business development plans and strategies
- Ability to work and lead teams in a large and complex sitting
- Ability to remain calm and arbitrate in times of crisis
- Ability to protect the reputational capital of the institution
- Possess observation diplomatic skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Report writing and researching skills. Excellent use of business language and concise
- Ability to provide internal and external stakeholders with professional, clear and concise business communications.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Computer Literacy in all office packages
- Masters Degree Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or any other business related qualification
- At least 8 years working experience in a management position
- A qualification or experience in Public Relations will be an added advantage
- A qualification in Marketing, production and operations management