Apply now Requisition Number:
505612 Contract Type:
Fixed Term Country:
Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi) Site:
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Relevant Boilermaker / Welder trade and/or diploma qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years post trade experience in a maintenance role.
- At least 2-3 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience rebuilding large mining buckets, dippers and dump bodies
- Experience managing and changing GET
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Supervision: Provide leadership and mentoring to subordinates, including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management.
- Planning & Scheduling: Implement effective planning and scheduling for dipper maintenance and work closely with planners. Manage GET inventory level and track orders through to delivery. All work order history captured in Pronto. Ensure all parts, tools and resources are available to execute the work safely and effectively.
- Continuous Improvement: Reduce operating costs and downtime related to GET and Dipper maintenance through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Liaison: Communicate with planners, managers, mining and operators to ensure information is passed to the right people for review & action. Develop interdepartmental relationships and understand the complete value chain. Deal directly with contractors and OEM suppliers and ensure our needs are being met.
- Must be discreet and flexible.
- Must be responsible, focused and self – motivated.
- Ability to interact with people and work cohesively with them.
- Must be physically capable of using and moving equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
Advertised: 09 Apr 2019 FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Apr 2019 FLE Daylight Time